[Magdalen] WI-13 & MI-28

ROGER STOKES roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Wed Apr 27 21:58:14 UTC 2016

plus a few other roads brought me from Duluth to Marquette.  WI-13 has to have been better than US-2, even under blue skies like today.  I certainly saw plenty of trees on the Upper Peninsula and looked across from Bayfield to the Apostle Islands. Earlier, though, my interest was piqued as I went through Port Wing by a notice about their Testicle Festival.  They obviously aren't mountain oysters so are they Superior Oysters? :-)

MI-28 has a railroad close to it for much of its route but elsewhere I noticed what looked like an old track-bed paralleling the road for some distance.  Was there an old railroad up there, possibly serving the iron mines but now a trail for other users?
Roger