[Magdalen] Update.

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Thu Apr 28 01:46:47 UTC 2016

>>>I know that it's often bad form to complain about a superior to their superior if you haven't first tried to sort it out directly.<<<

Certainly in the private sector, where retaliation is common.  But in the public, it's often the best option, because the trying to work it out directly often begins and ends with the second or third fight.  Plus, once a higher-up is brought in, everyone knows the next step is the general manager, who at least in our case would not be able to arbitrate his way out of a wet paper sack, and after that is the real money, The Union.  No one ever wants it to go that high.

I have no idea if he spoke with her before today's meeting, but I do know today was like the blessedness of the past.  Even got some praise.  At the very least, it could easily be because when I was meeting with division chief yesterday, she happened to walk by and see me in his office.  "Uh-oh."  And it's not for no reason, I'm sure, that he -- knowing when today's meeting was to occur -- came in during to "just check in".  (The praise happened for his benefit, wink wink.)

Onward.  And thanks for the prayers.