[Magdalen] Prayer request (allergies + ).

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Fri Apr 29 16:12:34 UTC 2016

In a message dated 4/29/2016 11:43:48 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
marionwhitevale at gmail.com writes:

Enjoy  your Thai-Chinese fusion to the  max.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

On the subject of olfactory and gustatory problems, I will confess  that
I have long been bothered by vasomotor rhinitis.  This is unrelated  to
infection of the nasopharynx or sinuses or to allergy.

Instead, it is of unknown cause, and the clinical symptoms are  congestion
and a runny nose very much like one experiences with a common cold.
Though the symptoms can start spontaneously, frequently eating is the
trigger, and this may require blowing the nose during the course of a meal
-
not exactly what one wants.

The problem can very nicely be handled by the use of ipratropium  bromide
nasal spray, but this has, for me, the side effect of literally paralyzing
my vocal cords.  When I was working, this situation was obviously  a
no go.  I suppose now in my retirement, keeping my mouth shut  wouldn't
be out of the question.

We shall see.

David Strang.