[Magdalen] And speaking of my legs (and feet)...

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Fri Apr 29 02:57:22 UTC 2016

Prayers for Tuesday, when I have my first Stanford vasculitis-specific appointment with my two great docs at the dermatological clinic.  The news is that my shins, though at a snail's pace, are healing like gangbusters.  And the inflamed vein nodules have not gone above my hips, limiting themselves to upper thigh at best.  AND the nodules that were there for quite a while, are not growing larger, and in some instances are getting smaller.  But my feet are definitely not healing, and below my knees above the shins new spots are developing.  It's getting tiring, at approx the one-year mark of their advent.  On Tuesday I'm going to insist on new medication experimentation (the one I'm on I must take sparingly because of the die-aria).  Something about potential liver damage will no doubt be mentioned, again, but I'm willing to adjust (in all of what that means) in order to try something new.  Otherwise, what the doc said to me a while back about how even with treatment it's often a matter of waiting for the disease to "burn itself out", is still the Word.

At least, I've learned that tight, rather than loose, bandaging helps with the pain and affords easier walking.  A friend at work leapt upon me yesterday morning saying "Well, you're walking better!"  I said "Give me a few hours; it'll change."