[Magdalen] Third World Country?

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 11:49:48 UTC 2016

A generator is going to have to be next on our list. We have a well, and
the power outage after the 2011 derecho storm (still referred to by my S/O
as my "birthday storm" because it occurred while we were out to dinner on
that occasion) caused us not to be able to shower for 4 of the hottest days
of that year...let alone make coffee (for me) or iced tea (for him). Or use
the fridge or freezer. We did manage to get some ice, and I drove to New
Market (about 6 miles) where McDonald's had power, for sausage biscuits and
a huge iced tea for each of us. The main things we need to keep going are
the well and the fridge and freezer. Stove is optional but would be nice.
Furnace is actually optional in winter as we have the pellet stove which is
gravity fed and does not have an electric blower.