[Magdalen] Third World Country?

Molly Wolf lupa at kos.net
Tue Aug 2 16:08:04 UTC 2016

I have a portable gas generator. Two points to remember : it's very noisy and it requires proper exhaust.  Mine cost about $800 and my clever daughter-in-law set it up with muscle power from the boys.  It will run my computer and Internet, phones, and the fridge.  It's 5000 watts, which is fine for a small house. To use it, I plug heavy-duty extension cords to bring power from the garage into house, to regular extension cords and power bars.  It has a remote start.

The expensive sort are big standby generators which will cut in when your electric service shuts off.

Molly

The man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. -- Mark Twain