[Magdalen] Trump to back out?

Kristin Rollins kristin at verumsolum.com
Thu Aug 4 16:18:33 UTC 2016

I was reading speculation this morning that the RNC was looking at the
possibility that they COULD get rid of him. The wording of the rule
allow them to fill " all vacancies which may occur by reason of death,
declination, or otherwise" and the article was suggesting that the "or
otherwise" might be the wiggle room that could allow it. But, given the
timelines, and the fact that Trump would be sure to have his lawyers
after the RNC if they removed him involuntarily (especially if the basis
for that is as flimsy as "or otherwise"), I suspect there is no
realistic chance of it happening. (Though much of this campaign so far,
I would have suspected no realistic chance of, if asked 18 months ago.)

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/08/03/the-rnc-can-legally-dump-donald-trump-but-it-has-to-act-fast.html
or http://goo.gl/z01vA8

Kristin

--