[Magdalen] Trump to back out?

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Thu Aug 4 16:13:20 UTC 2016

>>>I don't think the RNC can depose him from the nomination.  He would need
to resign it, in which case he would probably say he had been forced to
do so under pressure and tear the GOP even further apart.<<<

Indeed, they can't depose him.  Only if (as is being said) he dies, or (my surmising here) becomes irreversably incapacitated.  As for tearing the GOP even further apart, reliable leaks from the inside are clearly saying that in order to save whatever of it survives, a single term (them crossing their fingers) of Hillary is far more desirable to what currently has Reince Priebus "apoplectic".  (I finally looked that word up, and apoplexy is a rather appropriate description of what's happening to the GOP right now.)