[Magdalen] Rent.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Fri Aug 5 15:33:17 UTC 2016

In a message dated 8/5/2016 11:11:54 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
scottknitter at gmail.com writes:

--the  thought of building
makes my head explode, and I have a problem with  helping "pave
paradise" with another house when there are plenty already on  offer.
Likely  any>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I am not in the market for building or remodeling at this point, but I  do
like to watch the HGTV Network from time to time - especially on
Wednesdays when there is the additional attraction of the "Property
Brothers" :-)

The current emphasis (some might say fad) is an open general plan.
Then there are the rigueur hardwood floors throughout (even the  kitchen),
and the liberal use of granite in the kitchen.  Essential in the  kitchens,
too, is the use of stainless steel for all built-ins.

Where they get these young couples with "budgets" of, say, $600,000
is beyond me.  The couples are almost always very attractive,  which
makes me suspicious of the whole process.  I suppose these  couples
could be using inherited money, but otherwise at their apparent average  age
of something like 35, it's hard to imagine where the money came from.

I'm old enough to remember the fad for wall to wall carpeting that
enveloped the USA after WW-2.  My mother went so far as to carpet  all
the oak hardwood floors in our Wisconsin home.

David S.