[Magdalen] It's a new day in Illinois...

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 00:07:34 UTC 2016

Our governor has signed into law a bill allowing grocers to
consolidate cartons of eggs.

I never knew this, but it's been illegal to do so until now.

If a carton contained an egg with a broken shell, they had to toss the
whole carton.

Now they can fill in the gap with a good egg from another carton.

I presume they have ways to remove the yuck from the broken egg, or
perhaps the suppliers give the grocers extra empty cartons so they can
consolidate good eggs into a clean carton.

I'm still getting my mind around this change. It's a new day in
Illinois. A new day indeed.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA