[Magdalen] Final retreat

Grace Cangialosi gracecan at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 05:17:00 UTC 2016

I'm leaving tomorrow morning for a three-day retreat at the Jesuit Center for Spiritual Growth (new name) in Wernersville, PA. This will be my last trip up there, and it's mainly to say goodbye to my spiritual director and the rest of the staff and visit my favorite places on the grounds. This will be a bittersweet trip after 12 years of going up for retreats and the spiritual direction training program. They are separating the retreat ministry and incorporating it as a non-profit. All the staff spiritual directors are being let go, as of the end of this month. My spiritual director for the past 11years, who has been the head if the training program, has been there for 23 years. It's heartbreaking, and no one knows exactly what's going to happen. I just made a 7-day retreat there in March, but I decided I needed to go one more time for some closure. So I'll be off here until Tuesday afternoon. I'll unsubscribe tomorrow morning so you won't get the dreaded vacation response to every post! I'll be leaving my phone in the car during the retreat. Prayers for safe travel and for a good ending to this journey will be much appreciated.