[Magdalen] Sermons

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 04:05:06 UTC 2016

Yes...reminds me of something Dorothy Sayers wrote:

""It is the dogma that is the drama, not beautiful phrases, nor
comforting sentiments, nor vague aspirations to loving kindness and
uplift, nor the promise of something nice after death but the
terrifying assertion that the same God who made the world lived in the
world and passed through the grave and gate of death. Show that to a
heathen, and they may not believe it; but at least they may realize
that here is something that a man might be glad to believe." (Creed or
Chaos?, 25)

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA