[Magdalen] The Donald Again.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Thu Aug 11 18:57:23 UTC 2016

In a message dated 8/11/2016 1:55:30 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
houstonklr at gmail.com writes:

.. plus  he was uberimpressed with the German roads and could see the
potential...
Lynn>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Me too.

During the four years I lived in Germany in the late 1960's, and via
the thirty or so vacation trips there, I developed a distinct  opinion,
"Deutsch ist besser," when it comes to highways and highway
signage.

This is not just limited to the admirable autobahn system, but  includes
the secondary highways and streets.

For one thing, Germans simply do not tolerate anything but smooth,
well paved highways and streets.  Then there is the engineering  of
especially the autobahns for very fast traffic, and even if you have
no desire to go fast, it helps in the slow lane, too.  Finally, there  is
the highway and street signage which is masterfully simple and super
easy to read.  There is a lot of signage.

David Strang.