[Magdalen] Tattoo

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 14:07:34 UTC 2016

Jazmon Gwathmey, who played basketball for JMU and worked at our local
Costco while she was here and is now with the San Antonio Stars of the
WNBA, has a an almost full "sleeve" on one arm. It kind of put me off at
first until I learned that it was a tribute to her older brother, who was
murdered when she was a freshman in high school. Jazmon is a young woman
who I got to know slightly while she was here and who I admire a lot. She's
very fierce on the court and quite soft-spoken and polite off it.