[Magdalen] Tattoo

Grace Cangialosi gracecan at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 13:55:08 UTC 2016

Nadia Boltz-Weber, the radical Lutheran pastor and founder of The House for
All Sinners and Saints congregation in Colorado, has many tattoos,
including "sleeves." I was so turned off the first time I saw pictures of
her, that I didn't even want to read anything she had to say.  But in her
first book, "Pastrix," she explains them--one of the sleeves is a portrayal
of Mary Magdalene's story--so they don't bother me quite as much.  And I've
heard her speak/preach twice and read both books.  She is amazing. And her
congregation has been taken in as a legitimate ELCA congregation.  But the
tattoos still bother me...

--
Grace Cangialosi
Ruckersville, VA

*“Silence in the face of evil is itself evil. God will not hold us
guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.” - Dietrich
Bonhoeffer*