[Magdalen] Tattoo

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 03:50:29 UTC 2016

After a survey of the wonderful things (ahem) that were found in the boy
king's tomb, it was mentioned that the temple for a pharaoh was intended to
encourage people long after the life was over to repeat the name. So long
as someone remembered and spoke his name, the soul of the pharaoh would
live on.  In this day and age, so many of the greatest names in that noble
ancient nation's history are forgotten. It turns out that there was one
obscure ruler.  He was so obscure that until Howard Carter found his tomb,
it was not certain that he had ever lived, and they did not know his name.
There was just a suspicion that there was a gap in the hazy picture of the
succession of rulers. But today, the name of that obscure boy king is
everyday on someone's lips.

May God be good to Tutankhamun.

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford