[Magdalen] Say Cheese!

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 17:28:27 UTC 2016

Commodity cheese (sigh). We never got it, but one of our friends did, and
she used to share hers with us. It was good, especially made into mac and
cheese, or a dish she made with noodles, tomato soup, sliced franks, and
cheese....and spices, none of which I remember. Poverty days were not all
horrid.

And the canned chicken was pretty good too. The canned beef wasn't bad
either. The canned veggies were, well, canned veggies. But the flour was
often weevily..... This was before the days of food stamps.