[Magdalen] Say Cheese!

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Fri Aug 19 18:17:05 UTC 2016

In a message dated 8/19/2016 10:45:37 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
cadyasoukup at gmail.com writes:

Imagine  my chagrin to find that I am allergic to all forms of cheese
and dairy  ->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The faithful around Rouen, France didn't want to give up their  wonderful
Norman butter (everything in Normandy floats in butter) so they paid  the
necessary indulgences to build what is probably the most beautiful
medieval gothic tower - the southwest facade "Butter Tower."

This was probably of inspiration to the designers of the famous  "Harkness"
Tower, the symbol of Yale University.  Chalk it all up to dairy  products.

And stretching far on a tangent, I am reminded of Frank Lloyd  Wright's
response to a question from a Yale U. architecture student:  "How  do
you like our Harkness Tower, Mr. Wright?"  FLW replied that if he  were
a student at Yale, he would want to LIVE in the Harkness Tower.

This drew a blank for the Yalees to whom he was speaking.

He then explained that if he lived in the Harkness Tower, he'd never  have
to look at it.

David S.