[Magdalen] Rutter's Requiem

Jim Handsfield jhandsfield at att.net
Sat Aug 20 01:56:14 UTC 2016

My whole internet, tv, VoIP phone went out earlier today (tech coming in the morning) so I'm using my cellular connection.

I'm listening to Requiem by John Rutter which I love and am moved by every time I hear it.  This performance is by the Cambridge Singers with Rutter conducting.  It's about the only piece he has written that wasn't commissioned - he wrote it as a response to his son's murder and I can sense how personal it is.

I'm also thinking of Marcy and so I'm feeling sad and melancholy.

Jim Handsfield
Sent from my iPad