[Magdalen] A reflection on "certification"; was Just got accepted for the exam.

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 18:23:04 UTC 2016

S/O has to be certfied in any number of things in order to do what he does
for his company. He sometimes jokes about how many initials he could put
after his name if he really wanted to. But the stress and headaches he goes
through before each exam are no joke, and there are several exams each
year. IMNSHO, it's a money-making scheme for the testing companies, akin to
"No Child Left Behind" only worse.

At least I only had to have CPR and ACLS...although I never could
understand why I had to have both, since CPR is included in ACLS. There
were other certifications I could have gone after, but they were one-time
things--once you had them, you had them for life--and I didn't do any of
them. In retrospect, I should have gone for the CCRN. It would have made my
life easier.