[Magdalen] trivia

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Thu Aug 25 02:20:58 UTC 2016

In a message dated 8/24/2016 5:41:41 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
mjl at ix.netcom.com writes:

I  remember like it was yesterday my ENTIRE 4th grade year involving so
many 4th  grade things, but one of those I remember the most fondly is the
memorizing of  state  capitols. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

It's one of those strange oddities of the English language that only  the
capitol buildings use the "o."  The cities that I think you mean  are
state capitals.

Even the Greek orders, so often used on USA capitol buildings use
the capital spelling.

David S. - who's made that capital/capitol spelling error many  times.