[Magdalen] trivia

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 06:12:14 UTC 2016

I have often wondered about that. In theory, are those words pronounced
differently?  What is the derivation that causes the difference in
spelling? Or is it just a convention that sort of stuck (surely not)? The
third syllable has the least tress, so it just gets a schwa?

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford