[Magdalen] Drug research.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sat Aug 27 01:14:36 UTC 2016

In a message dated 8/26/2016 4:06:55 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
marionwhitevale at gmail.com writes:

I wish  she had been born a few years later when thorazine was available.

UW-Madison Medical School had a policy of having the senior class
make day trips to the Waupun "Hospital for the Criminally Insane"
and to the southern of three state run "Insane Assylums."  I  suspect
the names for these locations are different now, but this was 1962.

In both places, the clinical staff said something to the affect that  had
we toured the institutions a year earlier, they resembled London's
Bedlam.  With the use of Thorazine, pretty much all that had been
silenced for better or worse.

I know there have been followup studies on long term Thorazine
users showing substantial brain damage.  Thorazine has been
supplanted by a large number of other psychotherapeutic drugs.

David S.