[Magdalen] Drug research.

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 13:01:18 UTC 2016

Nursing licensure is an interesting thing. There are states known as
"compact states" which accept each other's licenses. This means that if one
is a travel nurse, as I was for a time, one doesn't have to go through the
bother of obtaining a temporary license to work in that state. There are
some 20 of those. The rest don't and you have to jump through a plethora of
hoops, in some cases, to get those temporary licenses, plus it costs a
bundle in many of those states. I decided after the first time (Ohio) that
I just wasn't going to bother and was going to stick to working in compact
states. The kicker is that wages are a bit lower in those states (possible
wage fixing?). Some of them are so-called "right to work"=--what my late ex
always called "right to slave"--states, but not all. Of course the
"popular" destinations for travelers...California, Hawaii, Florida, New
York...are NOT compact states and require one to lay out large amounts and
jump through many hoops to get that temporary license.