[Magdalen] Best photos of Venus and Jupiter! | Astronomy Essentials | EarthSky

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 14:32:05 UTC 2016

Wow!  Thanks for that link!  I recall a similar situation, years ago when I
visiting Mom and Dad in Florida, we often sat at a little restaurant on the
Gulf shore to watch the sun go down.  We could see Mercury quite clearly,
and I recall how we could tell which it was without a doubt when we saw its
position shift, day by day.

These are such a wonderful collection of spectacular (I was going to say
stellar) pictures.

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford