[Magdalen] Best photos of Venus and Jupiter! | Astronomy Essentials | EarthSky

Sally Davies sally.davies at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 15:25:42 UTC 2016

Gorgeous, thanks for posting! That photo from South Africa is pretty much
what we saw, we went down to the beach and could see the two really bright
stars easily. It was fairly dark by then. For us, Mercury was above rather
than below the conjunction I think?

Apparently Mars and Saturn were visible overhead, I thought I could see
where but wasn't sure. We have a lot of stars even with the thick coastal
air.

Summer seems to have arrived, suddenly and early. I'm not sure it's
entirely a good thing, nor that it would last at this time of year, but
beachgoers are making the most of it.

Sally D in Port Elizabeth