[Magdalen] Drug research.

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 22:07:23 UTC 2016

I find that DOs are much more open to alternative approaches in treatment
than a lot of MDs are. Not saying all MDs by any means, but DOs seem to be
the ones practicing "integrative medicine" and referring people to
nutritionists, athletic trainers, massage therapists, etc. instead of just
prescribing medications. Perhaps it comes from their training.

Students from the DO program at Lincoln Memorial University just across the
Tennessee line had a station at the RAM Clinic in Wise, VA where I
volunteered. It was kitty-corner from med triage where I was. They were
offering massage and spinal manipulation. It was pretty popular, from what
I could tell. The governor, when he visited, went in for a treatment and
pronounced it "wonderful!" and said he felt great afterwards. I wanted to
check it out but I stayed busy most of the day.