[Magdalen] RIP Ted

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 02:05:01 UTC 2016

May Ted rest in peace, knowing that in his passing he has helped others.

As to combining with Lutherans, it is not seriously different. I have been
there and done that. I now worship in a Lutheran church for a number of
compicated reasons and I love my parish and especially the pastor who is an
amazing preacher and teacher. The liturgy isn't really even much different
any more. Lutherans in the south are a lt higher than the ones up north, I
can tell you that for a fact! I haven't joined the church officially and
probably never will, though.

Funny thing--some members of this parish who used to be Episcopalians (she
was originally Methodist and he was Catholic so they compromised, but they
moved here and there was no Episcopal church so they joined Reformation
Lutheran) moved  to Manassas this past spring. They were back visiting a
few weeks ago and I asked how things were going. She said okay except they
had visited the Lutheran church and were horribly disappointed in the
pastor ("very wishy-washy"). I suggested they chek out the Episcopal church
and they looked at me like I had two heads! I had to catch them up on the
new PB and a few things <g> I guess they'd been out of the loop for
awhile...but they said they would check into it.