[Magdalen] RIP Gene Wilder.

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 19:23:40 UTC 2016

On Tue, Aug 30, 2016 at 2:08 PM, ME Michaud <michaudme at gmail.com> wrote:
> The editor, a world famous surgeon and all-around fabulous human being, had
> the greatest stories about patients who came to him complaining of nearly
> invisible flaws, while there were others disfigured by burns, accidents
> or cancer surgery, who expressed little concern about their altered
> appearance.

I've sometimes wondered when I've seen a person with a very large mole
(I'm thinking of a wonderful teacher and musician who had a very pale
complexion but a startling half-dollar-sized dark mole on her chin)
why they wouldn't have had it removed. I think I looked up an article
on this and learned that not everyone with a skin thing like that
regards it as disfiguring, or wish to be rid of it. I also realize
that some locations on the body, especially the face, aren't so easy
to remove such a large mole from without either causing worse
disfigurement, nerve damage, or potentially terrible complications.
And it's not necessarily a low-cost or pain-free thing to volunteer
for...

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA