[Magdalen] The college students are back!

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 23:01:29 UTC 2016

On Tue, Aug 30, 2016 at 4:15 PM, ME Michaud <michaudme at gmail.com> wrote:
> This weekend one should not go to the Container Store.
> Or Staples.

I braved the Aldi near Loyola University Chicago just now and lived to
tell about it. But I did get a dirty look for going against the flow
in the frozen-food aisle. Apparently once you've passed something you
were looking for, there's no second chance unless you want to go all
the way up the next aisle to try the frozen-food aisle again, in the
proper direction.

At least they accept credit cards now. Too many times I filled a
basket and stepped up to the conveyor belt only to realize I'd given
my debit card (the only card they used to accept, other than
government-assistance cards) to my dear partner. No longer a problem.

And of course always a pleasantly low grocery bill.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA