[Magdalen] Love and Grief

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 04:37:25 UTC 2016

Sometimes those pictures (we call them memes, I think) have trite stuff
that points to some great truth. However, once in a while, they state
simply a great truth.

I ran into one recently that expresses perfectly why I sometimes feel the
grief I feel, and why it's not a bad thing.

"Grief, I’ve learned, is really love. It’s all the love you want to give
but cannot give. The more you loved someone, the more you grieve. All of
that unspent love gathers up in the corners of your eyes and in that part
of your chest that gets empty and hollow feeling. The happiness of love
turns to sadness when unspent. Grief is just love with no place to go."

Read the full story here.

http://allmylooseends.com/2014/03/lights-wink/
​
James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford