[Magdalen] Arrow prayer request

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 21:44:04 UTC 2016

We get best participation when Mass follows, and even better if
there's a class or discussion after that. But just one or two is fine
as well. Last night we should have had more for St. Andrew's Day, but
it was just the priest-in-charge and me for EP and one more (the
sacristan) for Mass. The PIC said later he appreciated the times when
it's just us two, and I said so did I, although I wouldn't want it to
happen often. When it does, it's cool.

When it's best is EP before a big Mass on a big holy day, with 20+
people and more coming in, and I have to wait at the end of every
response for the nuns who keep their own slower pace no matter what,
and the blind parishioner who keeps just behind the pack because she
is saying what she hears (although she seems to know a lot of the
psalms by heart). I like the bigger group, the messy recitation, and
the need to mention a page number so as not to leave anyone behind.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA