[Magdalen] Christmas Eve..

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 05:56:04 UTC 2016

As it turns out, we have a plan, and we have someone to put their fingers
on the keys. I hope that what happens after they do that is what they
intend, and that what they intend will be in good taste, but you can't have
everything.

At this point, I'm just glad we have a warm body at the organ.

Although I personally wouldn't have a musical problem with SH or SH, the
theology in the lyrics makes my 'piscopalian sense uncomfortable.
Kilometrage will vary, since we actually do have some fundamentalists in
this denomination (gasp!).

And we do not have four part harmony capability just now, so that makes any
SH or SH music a poor choice. If you can't have the five- or six-part
sound, what's the point?

We had a candidate for musician at our rehearsal this evening who walked us
through a couple of pieces, and the group actually sounded not terrible.
Next week, the rehearsal will be led by another candidate for the musician
post. This is a nice way to see how the person works, interpersonal
workings, etc.

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford