[Magdalen] Christmas Eve..

P. Dan Brittain pdan.brittain at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 11:52:42 UTC 2016

On Thu, Dec 8, 2016 at 11:56 PM, James Oppenheimer-Crawford <
oppenheimerjw at gmail.com> wrote:

> As it turns out, we have a plan, and we have someone to put their fingers
> on the keys. I hope that what happens after they do that is what they
> intend, and that what they intend will be in good taste, but you can't have
> everything.
>
> At this point, I'm just glad we have a warm body at the organ.

​Thoroughly understand.​

> Although I personally wouldn't have a musical problem with SH or SH, the
> theology in the lyrics makes my 'piscopalian sense uncomfortable.

​At least in a lot of the poetry, very true.​

> Kilometrage will vary, since we actually do have some fundamentalists in
> this denomination (gasp!).

​Again - most correct.​

> And we do not have four part harmony capability just now, so that makes any
> SH or SH music a poor choice. If you can't have the five- or six-part
> sound, what's the point?

​We would be in the same boat.​

> We had a candidate for musician at our rehearsal this evening who walked us
> through a couple of pieces, and the group actually sounded not terrible.
> Next week, the rehearsal will be led by another candidate for the musician
> post. This is a nice way to see how the person works, interpersonal
> workings, etc.

​Hope it goes well.

d​

P. Dan Brittain
Harrison, Arkansas

http//:pdanbrittain.com
<http://pdanbrittain.com>* <http://pdanbrittain.com/>*
Transcriptions, Arrangements and Original Compositions
Wind Band, Brass Band, Choir, and Ensembles
Commissions accepted