[Magdalen] Quiet Pub

James Handsfield jhandsfield at att.net
Wed Dec 14 15:57:09 UTC 2016

To be honest, I haven’t enjoyed the holiday season for many years - too many “musts”.

But this year it’s different.  While Thanksgiving was wonderful in Hawaii with family, the season in general has been down.  I really couldn’t face either Thanksgiving or Christmas at home without Marcy.  I’m in a constant state of melancholy (my doctor has increased my anti-depressive meds) and I find myself breaking down at least once a day.  Matthew and I are taking a cruise over Christmas leaving on Sunday for points east from Ft. Lauderdale and returning Dec. 27.  My only regret is that I’ll miss a local memorial service for a dear friend who died Sunday morning.

My goal is to get past it all.

Education is its own reward, both for the individual and for society.

Jim Handsfield
jhandsfield at att.net