[Magdalen] Quiet Pub

cady soukup cadyasoukup at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 15:32:44 UTC 2016

Another quiet one here in beautiful rural Virginia,

Trying to take it easy while the body heals from the latest insult
(pulmonary embolism), and I start back to work full-time, handle the
weather (not so bad but it will change), logistics (vehicle repairs so
no vehicle right now; transportation in rural areas is the huge,
enormous elephant in the room - without it, access to food,
companionship, health, and other basics is extremely limited), and the
season. I've dialed way back. Time to focus on the necessities.

We will have the whole family together for the first time in a while.
Now that 3 of our 4 offspring are professional food people (as cooks
or managers or both), I figure all of that is up to them this year and
I can relax. Christmas presents have also been made as simple as
possible.

I hope to be able to take time off between Christmas and New Year's
day, but the recent week in hospital plus recovery time may have
reduced that. HPE does have "sick leave" that is separate from
standard vacation, but I don't yet know how it works! It's a new
concept in my life, having worked for >30 years at companies that had
leave time that was multi-purpose and had to be used either for sick
leave or for vacation (NO separate leave for having a baby or surgery;
in one case NO insurance for pregnancy/childbirth).

Generally taking one moment at a time,

hugs anyway during this odd season of hope, anticipation, anxiety, and
fear - Cady