[Magdalen] Itinerary (was Re: Quiet Pub)

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 17:21:57 UTC 2016

Southern Rhode Island and Connecticut are very beautiful (although we tend
not to tell people ... keep sending them to the Cape). The first half of
the train ride from Boston to New York is a revelation.

Maine is like another universe and is lots more like Canada than the USA
(for many reasons). You still see bedsheets hung on porches (in hunting
season) with inked messages: animals dressed, five cents a pound. You can
drive for miles&miles without seeing more than a village or two, a couple
of farms.The coast, of course, is mostly summer people. Winter caretakers
this time of year, a few lobstermen. Even the bears are hibernating.
-M

On Thu, Dec 15, 2016 at 5:27 AM, Roger Stokes <roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com