[Magdalen] R.I.P. Our brother Jim Guthrie

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Tue Dec 20 19:29:38 UTC 2016

In a message dated 12/20/2016 1:53:02 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
charles.wohlers at verizon.net writes:

meaning  to go out and "GPS" the route of the Hardwick & Woodbury RR,
and will  now make a special effort to do so soon, in his

His interest in the railroad industry was legendary.  Such esoteric
subjects
of tonnages of coal mined in various regions in past years were  things
he relished.  He was a strong believer in public transportation, and  felt
we in the USA had sold out to the auto industry by over building freeways
while
the railroads withered.

Railroads have lost an advocate.

David S.