[Magdalen] Prayer pats unhappy gut

sally.davies at gmail.com sally.davies at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 07:32:35 UTC 2016

It occurs to me that I should have asked for prayer pats days ago...

I have had some kind of virus for the past two weeks, causing a generally
upset/uncomfortable stomach and runny gut...yesterday I went to the doc
who's given me stuff I could have bought over the counter except for the
anti-stomach acid thing which I'm doubtful will help.

This morning I woke up with a crashing headache and very nauseous so none
of it has helped yet...I've finally taken a day off work to rest, as I've
only been getting through the week by not eating during the day, this keeps
the loo-runs to manageable hours morning and evening but doesn't do much
for my energy levels.

I need to crawl over to the bank to pay some money in for Keith but other
than that plan to lie in front of this fan the entire day.

In remembrance of Jim G and the fight against colon cancer I will schedule
a colonoscopy in the New Year - they are not being routinely recommended
here but the doctor, in between rambling vaguely about my appendix and
thumping me in the back to see if my kidneys hurt, said that in his opinion
people in their fifties should have them on schedule.

Sigh. I have also been missing Jim and keeping Albert and all those who
grieve for him in my prayers.

Sally D