[Magdalen] Christmas Treats.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Thu Dec 22 17:25:14 UTC 2016

In a message dated 12/22/2016 11:56:04 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
jay.weigel at gmail.com writes:

On  another note (ha!), a few nights ago I watched the PBS program of the
St.  Olaf Choir "Christmas in Norway" which I think was taped last year.
Along  with the St. Olaf Chorale, it featured a Norwegian choir of
girls>>>>>>>>>>

I believe this is on You Tube.  The concert takes place in the
archepiscopal Cathedral of Norway, Saint Olaf's at Trondheim
(Nidarosdom).

Over and beyond the high musical quality, I get choked up when
I see this because the Cathedral was the family church for my maternal
grandfather's side.

There's something about seeing all those Upper Midwestern Lutherans
"back home" in that grand old space that gets me weeping.

The number of USA immigrants from Norway is equal to the entire  population
of Norway during those immigration years (about 600,000) which means
that every present day Norwegian has relatives in North America.

David S.