[Magdalen] Christmas Trees

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Sat Dec 24 19:42:44 UTC 2016

We used to order a tree from Upper Michigan and our handsome UPS man
would deliver it.

This year my partner assumed I'm rabidly against all things Christmas
and angrily complained a couple of weeks ago that he's tired of
fighting against this. I thought I was doing better this year by not
complaining about the holidays as much.

But our finances do make it difficult to justify some spending, and
I'm not sad not to have a tree. I'd just like to get credit for better
behavior. One of these years I'll stop feeling like such an outsider
who no longer "gets" the usual Christmas necessities and feels alone
in that. It's something everyone else does and loves. I'm OK with that
until someone comes along and gives me the "Aw, come on!" treatment. I
hope I've prepared for that and won't bristle too much.

Looking forward to church in the morning, and then Monday. The party
tomorrow could be quite fun, although I feel like we always go
shorthanded in terms of gifts...I'd like not to receive any. But "Aw,
come on! It's Christmas!"

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA