[Magdalen] Christmas Trees

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Sat Dec 24 23:25:05 UTC 2016

Sounds like a great solution. We need to do more of that. Instead, we
leave each other to try to mind-read, which rarely ends up well.

My dear partner is still springing things on me because he thinks I'll
say no, or something. I love his dad, and his dad is welcome in our
home, but I just have this foolish quirk that I need and want to know
when people are coming. My therapist says I have the right to opt out
when surprises happen. Some time, I'll do that. Maybe NYE, but better
to ask him about that and whether he's got something cooking. Last
year there was a surprise guest, and being a good host with no notice
took a lot out of me. I had a horrible New Year's Day of bleak
emotions.

It's heck feeling like I've got a bizarre personality and need to keep
fighting it. I think that's why "Aw, come on, it's Christmas!" hits a
nerve. Knowing that might help me just smile and chuckle instead of
having a blood-pressure rush. Thing is, I think I seem fairly pleasant
when it counts. Be great if I could feel pleasant as well as seem so.
Sometimes it happens, and I'm ready for that to happen tonight and
tomorrow. With God's help! Hodie Christus natus est, alleluia!

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA