[Magdalen] Happy Christmas

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sun Dec 25 04:29:13 UTC 2016

In a message dated 12/24/2016 11:09:39 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
kate.conant at gmail.com writes:

Merry  Christmas! >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I was always amused going out the cathedral door in Eau Claire after
the "Midnight Mass" to hear the former +Atkins, who was ;priested
at Durham Cathedral, England, say "Happy Christmas" and a "Good
New Year."

One year I had the courage to suggest he might mean "Merry Christmas
and Happy New Year."  I then learned that the Brits take "Merry" to  mean
carousing, and this is not what is wanted for the holidays.

Makes sense.

David S.