[Magdalen] Holiday greetings

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sun Dec 25 17:39:52 UTC 2016

In a message dated 12/25/2016 12:09:27 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
oppenheimerjw at gmail.com writes:

and  Episcopalians are
noted more than any denomination for tolerating just  about
anything>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I was surfing the television channels this week and came  upon
a jazz concert at the nice, little theater at our PBS station,
WVIA.  This theater was built from gifts and  includes
a lovely Steinway concert grand piano.  It's used for a variety
of offerings.

I'm not a jazz expert, but this concert with piano, tenor sax, drums,
trumpet and bass fiddle was what I think of as "real" jazz without
any electronic gadgetry and audio augmentation.  The  concert was a
jazz arrangement of Christmas carols, and I couldn't help but think
that much of the concert could serve as an elegant and unconventional
prelude/offertory/communion interlude for a Christmas season
Eucharist in a church setting.

David Strang.