[Magdalen] Tooth woes

P. Dan Brittain pdan.brittain at gmail.com
Mon Dec 26 20:11:01 UTC 2016

I am joining the crowd with tooth problem.

I've had a bit of pain with a lower molar for a good while. The tooth next
to it had decay under the crown, so a couple of weeks ago the dentist
cleaned that out and put in a new crown. The hope was that tooth had been
causing the problem. He was thinking if this didn't cause the problem,
there was probably a cracked root under the other crown and we would have
to do an extraction.

Today that crown came loose. I pushed it back in and gave the dentist a
call. His office is closed until after new years. I had asked on the
message I left, that he call in a new scrip for a pain med. (No answering
service, just messages they check now and then).

This afternoon, the crown came completely off, so I started to follow the
SOP and put a little vasline underneath the crown and push it on again. My
surprise was that the tooth had broken off under the crown. After a good
rinsing, the pain is now much less - there was a "ton" of debris (more
decay not seen on the x-ray?) came out.

Leaving town Wednesday to visit the grands in Iowa. The headache meds might
be able to handle the new pain level but they're not ideal for this,
hopefully, he'll call something in before we leave.

--
P. Dan Brittain
Harrison, Arkansas

http//:pdanbrittain.com
<http://pdanbrittain.com>* <http://pdanbrittain.com/>*
Transcriptions, Arrangements and Original Compositions
Wind Band, Brass Band, Choir, and Ensembles
Commissions accepted