[Magdalen] Bells and stones.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Tue Dec 27 21:26:12 UTC 2016

I notice that the little parish church used by the Royal Family
for Christmas Day services is remarkable for its construction
of chert/flint stone common where there is little natural limestone
for building purposes.  Despite this material being used a cheap
substitute for such as limestone, I always think it very attractive.

Secondly, this little parish church has what sounds like an 8 bell
change ring set with an active change-ring troupe.  What perfect
paradise - to walk to church with ringers serenading from the church
tower.  When I've been at Winchester, and sat in the breakfast  room
before church on Sunday, it is to be transported into a dream world
to hear the bells.

I hope Saint Peter welcomes me with bells.

David S. - remembering the USA National Cathedral has both a set of
12 change-ring bells AND a Dutch type carillon.  That's having  your
cake and eating it too!