[Magdalen] Homing Pigeons.

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 21:45:02 UTC 2016

My dad always said that the ethnic Finns were dark and somewhat Central
Asian in appearance, and referred to the very fair ones as "Swedish Finns".
One of my high school friends, a fellow UW faculty brat, was such a one.
Her father rejoiced in the name of Vernor Suomi (Suomi being the Finns'
name for their own country). I always wondered what the surname was when
his family came to this country.