[Magdalen] Mary and finding things helpful or not

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 00:01:44 UTC 2016

Interesting to note the BVM antiphon in the Monastic Diurnal Revised
(Community of St. Mary, 1989) for Advent I to Candlemas:

Alma Redemptoris Mater

Gracious Mother of our Redeemer,
for ever abiding Queen of heaven and star of ocean,
O pray for your children, who though falling, strive to rise again.
You, Maiden, have borne your holy Creator,
to the wonder of all nature;
>>Ever Virgin, after as before you received that Ave from the mouth of Gabriel;<<
Intercede for us sinners.

Which made me want to check the Order of the Holy Cross and Order of
St. Helena breviaries, and the Order of Julian of Norwich:

OHC has the same as above, basically.
OSH doesn't have the BVM antiphons.
OJN has the same as CSM and OHC.

--