[Magdalen] Images and words about Mary

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Mon Feb 1 00:07:04 UTC 2016

In a message dated 1/31/2016 6:50:23 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
polycarpa3 at ckt.net writes:

reliably, what my great-grandfather said when he was first told  that
Abraham Lincoln had been  shot. >>>>>>

A tangent memory of mine:  The day MLKing was shot and killed,
one of the vestry persons (she may well have been a warden) was
quoted widely as having said upon hearing the news:  "Good  riddance."

This prompted on the following Sunday one of the most impassioned
sermons I have ever heard, as well it might.

She made a public apology after the huge uproar in the parish
(St. Christopher's, now Christ the King, Frankfurt/M, Germany).
It was revealing, however, just where some parishioners were on
racial issues in the late 1960's.