[Magdalen] Mary and finding things helpful or not

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 17:11:19 UTC 2016

We traveled to the Long Island area, where a lot of my family lived.  We
were down there because my beloved spouse was giving a lecture at a local
genealogy group. Since we were there, we took the opportunity to visit
graves and churches.   Part of the family was Catholic, and we knew they
were members of the

Church of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Help of Christians.

This turned out to be a massive building with school and church and other
stuff.  The church itself was a very large, industrial style building. It
had the sloped roof one associates with churches, and a very sturdy
linoleum floor. My spouse and I were standing there in the sanctuary (using
the term loosely) and we both knew we were both thinking, "PEOPLE! What
were you THINKING??"

I did not see the inside of the school.  I wonder if the student/inmates
marched to class. Ick.

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford